1/12/2004

I make no apologies for jihad

\Po*lem"ic\, n. 1. One who writes in support of one opinion, doctrine, or system, in opposition to another; Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, � 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.


To Tacitus: maybe because he isn't muslim?

A serious discussion of what jihad means has to start with the Qur'an, and end with the actual practices of the worldwide population of 1 billion muslims. I've already discussed it in a Qur'anic context. And as for the actual practice, I assure any doubters that they'd notice 1 billion people engaging in armed warfare against non-Muslims by virtue of their being non-Muslims. Perhaps Lewis' definitions of "minority" and "majority" differ from mine.

I'm also pleased at how Tac's jihad against the word jihad gives me an excuse to actually practice it! :)

No comments: